Date: 1880

Origin: CNE Archives

The oldest building on the CNE grounds is the Scadding Cabin. Built in 1794 by John Scadding, the cabin was originally located on the east bank of the Don River (Queen & Broadview area). The York Pioneer and Historical Society moved the cabin to the CNE grounds in 1879 in honour of the inauguration of the fair.