Origin: The York Pioneer & Historical Society
The moving of the Scadding Cabin took place on August 15, 1879. The oldest building on the CNE grounds is the Scadding Cabin. Built in 1794 by John Scadding, the cabin was originally located on the east bank of the Don River (near Queen & Broadview). The York Pioneer and Historical Society moved the cabin to the CNE grounds in 1879 in honour of the inauguration of the fair.